1. The boy reads a book .What kind of verb ÒreadsÓ in the sentence is?
a) Principal verb b) Auxiliary verb
c) Transitive verb d) In transitive verb
2. It I were you. I----- the situation more Carefully
a) Would handle b) Will handle
c) Handle d) would have handle
3. I am not bad---tennis
a) about b) at c) in d) with
4. ÒSeventh HeavenÓ means—
a) A state of Shock
b) A state of exasperation
c) in a state of Supreme happiness
d) In a state of disenchantment
5. “Justice delayed is Justice denied” was stated by
a) Shakespeare b) Emersen
c) Hladstone d) Disraeli
6.The meaning of word ÔMorbidity’ is—
a) Cheerfulnees b) melancholy
c) Joyful d) Happiness
7. Your conduct admits –no excuse.
a) For b) in c) To d) Of
8. The Candidates turned –at the interview
a) in b) to c) Up d) Of
9. Which Sentence is Correct?
a) A few boys are Present today.
b) His dress is inferior than mine.
c) He prevented me to go there.
d) He as well as his brother was present.
10.Instead of Ôconfirm’ we can say
a) bear out b) bear on c) bear to d) bear off
11. Meaning of Ôconjecture’ is related to
a) Continuity b) conjunction
c) Huidance d) huess
12. Antonyms of ÔElegance’ is—
a) Dominance b) Nonsence
c) charming d) Ugliness
13. Choose the Correct Sentence-
a) There is no place for doubt in it.
b) There is on Suspension in it.
c) There is no room for doubt in it.
d) there is no misunderstanding in it
14. A Place for Keeping dogs
a) Hutch b) Stable c) kennel d) sty
15. ÔThe Silent woman’ written by—
a) John keats b) Ben Jonson
c) John dryden d) Albert tennys
16. A Room with a view’ written by-
a) E.M. Froster b) H. H.wells
c) heorgee Orwell d) virgina wolf
17. ÔKubla Khan’ written by—
a) Wordsworth b) lord byron
c) Shelley d) S.T. Coleridge
18. His friends mourned—the death –his mother
a) On, over b) at, of
c) Over, Of d) Of. Of
19. My brother has no appetite ---food
a) at b) in c) for d) to
20. Choose the Correct Sentence.
a) who will be donein the work?
b) who will be done the work?
c) By whom will the work be done?
d) whom will the work done?
21. A reward has been announced for the employees who---hard.
a) have worked b) has worked
c) will be work d) have had worked
22. He stopped his car—when the light turned red
a) abruptly b) equitably c) ambiguously d) incisively
23. I have read the book—you lent me.
a) that b) whom c) whose d) what
উত্তর : 1.c 2.a 3.b 4.c 5.c 6.b 7.d 8.c 9.d 10.a 11.d 12.d 13.c 14.c 15.b 16.a 17.d 18.c 19.c 20.c 21.a 22.a 23.a