সিনিয়র ইংরেজী শিক্ষক
চিলড্রেনস হোম পাবলিক স্কুল সরিষাবাড়ী, জামালপুর
অবশ্যই তোমরা ভাল আছ। আজ আমি Grammar এর সবচেয়ে বড় item 'Transformation Sentences’ নিয়ে আলোচনা করছি । এই item টিতে ভাল করতে হলে, Phrases and clauses সম্পর্কে স্বচ্ছ ধারণা থাকতে হবে। নইলে এই item-এ ভাল করা সম্ভব না । পাশাপাশি Sentence গুলোর অর্থ অবশ্যই বুঝতে হবে। কারণ Sentence Transformation করার সময় শুধু মাত্র Sentence এর গঠন বা রূপের পরিবর্তন করলেই চলবে না, Sentences গুলোর অর্থও unchanged রাখতে হবে । তাই Sentence এর অর্থ বোঝা আবশ্যক।
Change the sentences according to directions.
1. Very few rivers in our country are as long as The Padma. (Sup)
2. Do it. (Complex)
3. Going to London, I met him. (Complex)
4. I wanted to learn English and went to an English Club (Simple)
5. You can earn money by cultivating flower. (Complex)
6. He can’t know how to swim. (Int)
7. Lets us help the poor. (Ass)
8. Beside being a good student , Basonti is a good artist . (Neg)
9. Who cares a dishonest man? (Ass)
10. What a good idea it is! (Ass)
11. Terrorism is a devastating phenomenon of the modern world. (Exclamatory)
12. At present, it is increasing alarmingly. (Interrogative)
13. No other girl in Sarishabari is as beautiful as Basonti (Comparative)
14. It is one of the most corrosive problems of the modern world. (Positive),
15. A terrorist is hated by people. (Active)
16. Who likes a terrorist? (Assertive)
17. Though there are laws to punish the terrorists, they are not properly applied. (Compound)
18. Without applying the laws properly, we can’t get rid of terrorism. (Complex)
19. What a miserable life a terrorist leads! (Assertive)
20. They should be brought to book. (Active)
21. Trees are our best friends. (negative)
22. They don’t play an unimportant role in our life and economy. (affirmative)
23. Very few things are as useful as trees. (comparative)
24. They are a great source of food and vitamins. (interrogative)
25. Various kinds of fruits are given by them. (active)
26. We use them for various purposes. (passive)
1. The Padma is one of the longest rivers in our country.
2. It is you who can do it.
3. When I went to London, I met him.
4. I went to an English Club to learn English.
5. You can earn money if you cultivate money.
6. Can I know how to swim?
7. We should help the poor.
8. Basonti is not only a good student but also a good artist.
9. Nobody cares a dishonest man.
10. It is a very good idea.
11. What a devastating phenomenon of the modern world terrorism is!
12. Isn’t it increasing alarmingly?
13. Basonti is the most beautiful girl in Sarishabari.
14. Very few problems of the modern world are as corrosive as it.
15. People hate a terrorist.
16. Nobody likes a terrorist.
17. There are laws to punish terrorists but they are not applied properly.
18. Unless we apply the laws properly,
we can’t get get of terrorism.
19. A terrorist leads a very miserable life.
20.Government should bring to book them.
21. No other friend is as good as trees.
22. They play an important role in our life and economy.
23.Trees are one of the most useful things.
24.Aren’t they a great sources of food and vitamins?
25. They give various kinds of food.
26. They are used for various purposes.