মন্নো ইন্টারন্যাশনাল স্কুল এ্যা- কলেজ
পর্ব ॥ ১৭
প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থী বন্ধুগণ, গত সংখ্যায় আমরা ইংরেজি দ্বিতীয় পত্রের (Question No. 6) Changing sentences (change of voice, sentence types, degrees)-এর গুরুত্বপূর্ণ কিছু নিয়ম আলোচনা করেছি। আমরা উপরোক্ত নিয়মের আলোকে পরীক্ষার উপযোগী গুরুত্বপূর্ণ উদাহরণসমূহ আলোচনা করব। মনে রেখ, পরীক্ষায় নির্দিষ্ট একটি context-এর ৫টি বাক্যকে নির্দেশ মতো পরিবর্তন করতে বলা হবে। পরিবর্তনগুলো হবে তিন Voice: Active হতে Passive অথবা, Passive হতে Active; Sentence pattern: Simple, Complex I Compound sentence-এর পারস্পরিক পরিবর্তন এবং Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Imperative, Exclamatory and vice-versa; Degree: Adjective ও Adverb-Gi Positive, Comparative ও Superlative degree সংক্রান্ত পরিবর্তন। মনে রেখ ইংরেজি ভাষার দক্ষতা অর্জনে Transformation-এর গুরুত্ব অপরিসীম।
1. Read the text and change the sentences as directed. 1x5=5
Once a cook roasted a duck for his master. (Passive) (b) The roast looked so delicious that the cook could not resist the temptation. (Simple) (c) When his master sat down to eat, he quickly noticed the missing drumstick. (Compound) (d) The master enquired of the missing leg. (Interrogative) (e) But the cook told him that this duck had only one leg. (Negative)
2. Read the text and change the sentences as directed. 1x5=5
It was a hot summer day. (a) A cunning fox was passing through a forest. (Complex) (b) The fox was thirsty and was looking for water. (Simple) (c) It could not find any source of water. (Passive) (d) He felt very helpless. (Interrogative) Suddenly he found a pitcher of water. (e) It seemed to the fox that it was the happiest animal in the world. (Comparative)
3. Read the text and change the sentences as directed. 1x5=5
Modern science has created many wonders. (a) In its rapid progress it goes on creating one wonder after another. (Complex) Dish-antenna is one of them. (b) Besides enjoying many programs we can learn many things with the help of it. (Compound) (c) Dish-antenna creates both good and bad effects on our culture. (Passive) (d) As young generation is now trying to follow foreign culture they forget our own national culture. (Simple) (e) It is one of the most important parts of our life (Positive)
4. Read the text and change the sentences as directed. 1x5=5
(a) Corruption is the most dangerous weapon to destroy a society. (Make it Positive) (b) No other thing is so destructive as corruption. (Make it Superlative) (c) Some drastic steps have been taken against corruption. (Make it Active) (d) The persons in the high rank of the society are involved in corruption and have become millionaires (Make it Simple) (e) Social awareness is very essential to resist corruption. (Make it Exclamatory)
এবার তোমার উত্তরের সঙ্গে নিচের উত্তরগুলি মিলিয়ে নাও:
1. (a) Once a duck was roasted by a cook for his master. (b) The roast looked too delicious for the cook to resist the temptation. (c) His master sat down to eat and at that time he quickly noticed the missing drumstick. (d) Didn't the master enquire of the missing leg? (e) The cook told him that the duck did not have more than one leg.
2. (a) It was a cunning fox which was passing through forest. (b) The thirsty fox was looking for water. (c) Any source of water could not be found by it. (d) Didn't he feel very helpless? (e) It seemed to the fox that it was happier than any other animal in the world.
3. (a) Science goes on creating one wonder after another when it is in its rapid progress. (b) We enjoy not only many programs but also learn many things with the help of it. (c) Both good and bad effects are created on our culture by dish antenna. (d). Young generation is now trying to follow foreign culture forgetting our own national culture. (e) Very few parts of our life are as important as it.
4. (a) No other Weapon to destroy a society is as dangerous as corruption. (b) Corruption is the most destructive thing. (c) The govt. has taken some drastic steps against corruption. (d) The persons in the high rank of the society involved in corruption have become millionaires. (e) How essential social awareness is to resist corruption!