Edmonton, AB, Canada
বাংলাদেশসহ পৃথিবীর সকল দেশে বর্তমানে সবচাইতে আলোচিত বিষয় করোনা ভাইরাস। এই ভাইরাস জনিত রোগ, সাবধানতা ইত্যাদি নানা বিষয় নিয়ে প্রতিনিয়ত আমরা আলোচনা করছি এবং শুনছি। আসুন এই বিষয়ক শব্দগুলোর ইংরেজি এবং সঠিকভাবে বাক্যে ব্যাবহার শিখে নেই।
1. Acute respiratory problems
i. Acute - quickly becomes severe
ii. Respiratory problems - breathing difficulties
2. Alcohol based hand sanitizer
i. Hand sanitizer - a hygienic cleaner for the hands
3. Altruism (noun)/ altruistic (adj)
-Selfless concern for the welfare of the others - without agenda
4. Contact tracing
-Tracking who might have had contact with an infected person
-Spread of a disease through direct or indirect contact with other people
6. To contain an outbreak
-To control the spread of an illness
7. To contaminate
-This word usually relates to earthquakes- the point on the surface which is the focus of the earthquake. In terms of Covid-19, it is being used to describe the area where the virus is most active.
9. Incubation period
- The incubation period for a disease is the time from which you're exposed to the organism - such as a virus or bacteria - by which it's caused until you develop the first symptoms.
10. Novel coronavirus.
- Scientists use the word "novel" to distinguish the new form of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) currently making people sick from previous types of coronaviruses (such as SARS and MERS). Because it is a novel virus that no one has previously been exposed to, that means no one has had a chance to build immunity (with the possible exception of people who have recently recovered from COVID-19).
- When a disease has rapidly spread across many nations, the World Health Organization makes the determination whether it is has risen from epidemic to the level of a pandemic - meaning it has spread across a large international region or worldwide. On March 11, the WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic.
12. Patient zero
- The first person to contract the disease (relating to outbreaks)
Quote on life:
"They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for."
~ Tom Bodett
Dear learners, stay happy and make others happy!