Question no -01
21. Dhaka is (a) _____ capital of Bangladesh. It is (b) ____ old city. People og different communities live in (c) _____ city. Their ways of life are (d) _____ quite different. So, their occupations are not (e) _____ same. Most of the people lead (f) ____ very hard life here.
22. English is (a) ____ international language. It is spoken all over (b) ____ world. (b) ____ So the importance of (c) ___ English cannot be described in words. All (d) ____ books of higher education are written in English. today organi ations need employees who can speak and write (e) ____ standard form of (f) ____ English.
23. Honesty is (a) _____ great virtue is (b) _____ off-quoted proved. Because it makes(c) ____ man great. (d) ____ honesty costs nothing. (e) _____ honesty of Hayrat Muhammad (sm) is known to all. He is (f) ____ emblem of honesty.
24. (a) _____ 16th December is a red-letter day in (b) ____ history of Bangladesh. On this day , we achieved victory at (c)_____ cost of (d) _____ bloody war. Bangladesh came into being as (e) ______ independent country. Every year, we observe the day with due solemnity. We remember (f) _____ supreme sacrifice of our heroic sons.
25. Newspaper plays (a) ____ important role in our society. It is (b) ____ most useful thing in our day-to-day life. We cannot thing of (c) _____ day without it. To read newspaper is (d) _____ good habit. (e) _____ more we read newspaper, the more we can acquire knowledge. It is (f) ____ looking glass of modern world.
26. Patriotism is (a) ____ noble virtue. It becomes an inspiration for (b) ____ man to shed last drop of (c) ____ blood of defend (d) _____ freedom of his country. Without patriotism a man becomes like (e) _____ beast. (f) _____ unpatriotic men think of their own interest.
27. Cricket is (a) ____ international game. It has nwo become (b) _____ craye for (c) ____ people of Bangladesh. It is not only for (d) )____ excitement of the game , but also for (e) outstanding (f) ____ performance of the players.
28. Newspapers play (a) ____ important role in our society. It is (b) ____ most useful print medium in our day-to-day life. We cannot thing of (c) _____ day without it. To read a newspaper is a good habit. (d) _____ more we read newspapers, the more we can acquire (e) _____knowledge. It is (f) ____ looking glass of modern world.
29. A true friend is (a) _____ asset. He stands by his friend in time of (b) _____ danger. Normally he is not (c) _____ greedy person. He always wishes for (d) _____ welfare of his friend. But it is (e) ____ matter of fact that (f) _____ ideal friend is very rare today.
30. Mobile phone is (a) ____ great invention of modern science. (b) _____ users of mobile phone are increasing day by day. People are getting benefits. but it is unfortunate that mobile phone sometimes causes hayard, especially children are affected much. (c) ____ scientists believe that mobile phone causes brain tumours, genetic damage and ma other (d)___ incurable diseases. They believe that invisible radioactivity of (e) ____ mobile phone causes irreparable damage to the human body. They say that (f) government should control radioactive sources.
21.(a) the (b) an (c) the (d) (e) the (f) a
22.(a) an (b) the (c) (d) the (e) a/the (f)
23.(a) a (b) an (c) a (d) (e) the (f) an
24.(a) the (b) the (c) the (d) (e) an (f) the
25.(a) an (b) the (c) a (d) a (e) the (f) the
26.(a) a (b) a (c) /the (d) the (e) a (f) an
27.(a) an (b) a (c) the (d) an/the (e) an (f)
28.(a) an (b) the (c) a (d) the (e) (f) the
29.(a) an (b) (c) a (d) the (e) a (f) an
30.(a) the (b) the (c) the (d) an (e) /the (f) /the