1. His sympathy...... the poor is praise worthy.
a) for b) with
c) towards c) to
2. He relieved me.......anxiety.
a) in b) from
c) with d) to
3. Choose the correct one-
a) bouquete b) bouquet
c) bouquette d) boquet
4. The word `expunge’ means-
a) purge b) inhale
c) eradicate d) rationalise
5. The `gypsies’ are people who-
a) came originally from Egypt to England
b) have a settled way of life
c) are always on the move
d) Steal children to train them in their way of life.
6. Which one is correct?
a) I am empty pocket now.
b) I am empty hand now.
c) I am hand up now.
d) I am without money now.
7. I have no Kith and Kin in this town.
a) Noun phrase
b) Prepositional phrase
c) Adjective phrase
d) Conjunctional phrase
8. The license of ....... drivers should be banned.
a) drinking b) drank
c) drunk d) drunked
9. The parents should have authority ....... their sons and daughters.
a) on b) of
c) over d) to
10. you should be repentant ....... your misdeeds.
a) on b) of
c) for d) by
11. I am fatigued ....... wide travelling.
a) in b) for
c) by d) with
12. A modest man does not boast....... his merit.
a) of b) on
c) for d) with
13. what is the antonym of `Limpid’?
a) watery b) Bright
c) Muddy d) Transparent
14. Person who human flesh and animal that eats its own kind is called-
a) cannibal b) flesh eater
c) meat eater d) non vegetarian
15. hood old days have gone-
a) never returned
b) never return
c) never to return
d) never have return
16. My uncle has three sons....... work in the same office.
a) who all b) they all
c) all of them d) all of whom
17. The her has ....... ten eggs.
a) laid b) lied
c) lain d) given
18. If you read, you will learn. This Sentence is a-
a) simple b) compound
c) Negative d) Complex
19. What is the antonym `Honorary’?
a) Literary b) Honorable
c) Salaried d) official
20. ``To read between the lines``means-
a) To read carefully
b. To read only some lines
c) To read quickly to save time
d) To read carefully to find out an hidden meaning
21. His uncle arrived while he....... the dinner.
a) would cook b) had cooked
22. ....... is not the only thing that tourists want to see.
a) A scenery b) sceneries
c) the sceneries d) scenery
23. I have read the book ....... you lent me.
a) that b) whom c) whose c) what
Answer : 1.a 2.b 3.b 4.c 5.c 6.c 7.a 8.c 9.c 10.b 11.d 12.a 13.c 14.a 15.c 16.b 17.a 18.d 19.c 20.d 21.d 22.d 23.a