বিষয় : ইংরেজি
1. The antonym of the word `indigenous′ is-
a) Alien b) International
c) Remote D) Domestic
2. Hardly had the train stopped-
a) Before re got down b. as we got down
c) Than we got down d) when we got down
3. We shall..... The work before he comes.
a) Finish b. have finished
c) Finished d) be finishing
4. Protagonist′ indicates-
a) The villain in a play
b) The leading character of actor in play
c) The clown in a play
d) The stage-director of a play
5. Most important feature of romantic poetry-
a) Beauty b) Nature
c) Subjectivity d) Imagination
6. Most famous satirist in English Literature-
a) Bernard Shaw b) Alexander Pope
c) Jonathan swift d) Coleridge
7. Poet of Sensuousness-
a) P.B. Shelly b) Wordsworth
c) John Keats d) Byron
8. Who is the author of `A farewell to Arms′?
a) T.S. Eliot b) John Milton
c) Johansson d) Ernest Hemingway
9. Find out the Correct Spelling.
a) Occasion b) deli gent
c) Catalogue d) Privilege
10. Find out the Correct Sentence-
a) Hoard the children against bad Company.
b) The train is running in time-
c) He is suffering from fever for a week
d) He succeed to get a Job
11. None but the brave----- the fair
a) Demands b) declares
c) Deludes d) deserver
12. A Machiavellian Character is-
a) As honest person b) a selfish person
c) a Courageous person d) a judicious person
13. The idiom `between the devil and the deep sea′ means.
a) Happy situation b) Tempting
c) Difficult situation d) easy situation
14. A hospital can be a forbidding and-
a) inviting b) inimical
c) Intimidating d) ingratiating
15. The expression `lingua franca′ means.
a) Common language b) first language
c) Technical language d) the French language
16. As soon as he because rich he can’t........ His old friends.
a) Off b) aside
c) Down d) along
17. Sherlock Holmes, the detective saved many ..... Crimes.
a) Prevalent b) Common
c) Puzzling d) Pure
18. Rahim ..... for a new room mate before he finally succeeded.
a) Has been looking b) had been looking
c) Will be looking d) had looked
19. I am entitled ...... a share in the profit.
a) For b) in
c) To d) with
20. An `Erratic′ person is one who is-
a) Pleasant b) honest
c) Unreliable d) rational
21. The opposite of `Nebulous′-
a) Clear b) Vague
c) Unclear d) indistinct
22. The word Paranoid as connected with.
a) Philosophy b) psychology
c) Anthropology d) theology
23. The ability to tell interesting stories makes one-
a) An entrepreneur b) a connoisseur
c) A raconteur d) a dandy
24. He was in a reverie means-
a) He was sleeping b) he was unconscious
c) He was dreaming d) He was relaxing
25. The Tajmahal is said.... built by Shahjahan.
a) to have begum b) to had been
c) to have been d) to have become
Ans : 1.a 2.d 3.b 4.b 5.a 6.c 7.c 8.d 9.c 10.a 11.d 12.b 13.c 14.c 15.a 16.b 17.c 18.d 19.c 20.c 21.a 22.b 23.c 24.c 25.c